Rotary Screw Air Compressors
The Rotary Screw Air compressor has become the most popular source of compressed air for industrial applications. A major reason is its simple compression concept.
Air enters a sealed chamber where it is trapped between two contra-rotating rotors. As the rotors intermesh, they reduce the volume of trapped air and deliver it compressed to the proper pressure level. This simple compression concept, with continuous contact cooling, allows the rotary screw air compressor to operate with temperatures approximately one half that generated by a reciprocating compressor.
This lower temperature enables the rotary screw air compressor to operate in a "fully loaded" continuous duty cycle 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, if necessary. Its ability to operate for extended periods of time makes the rotary compressor ideal for demanding industrial applications.
Since Rotary Screw Air Compressors are designed to provide pulsation-free air 24 hours a day, can work at full load continuous duty, with quiet operation, energy efficient at full load, extended service intervals, reliable long life and improved air quality, are becoming more and more an optimum choice.
PetroTech offers a variety of Rotary Screw Oil Flooded / Contact Cooled and 100% Oil Free Air Compressors available both in Variable and Fixed Speed Technologies in the following range:
Rotary Screw Air Compressors Range
Flow Capacity (m³/h) : 14 - 2700 m³/h
Working Pressure (bar) : 4 - 16 bar
Motor Power (kW) : 2.2 - 355 kw
- For Special Rotary Screw Compressor packages designed according to API 619 standards, please contact PetroTech applications team.
- The data indicated above are preliminary and may change based on the compressor block manufacturer.
- High ambient Temperature variants.
- Variable and Fixed Speed Technologies.
- 100% Oil free (ISO 8573-1 CLASS 0) versions.
- Sea water cooled Marine Compressors.
- Engine driven Rotary Screw Compressors.
- Customized packages with Air Treatment ancillaries & Controls.
- Rotary Screw Compressors built to API 619 standards.
- ATEX explosion proof, Zone 1 or Zone 2 environment operations.